Elite Program Manager
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm PDT on December 9th to be considered.
The overall role of the US Military Endurance Sports (USMES) Elite Program Manager is to execute selection, planning, and management of a team of elite-level endurance athletes who receive support from USMES.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting a selection process for prospective USMES Elite Program members.
- Defining scope of athlete contracts and ensuring compliance with contracts throughout the year.
- Collaborating with athletes on annual event / race schedules, taking into consideration interests of the athletes and of USMES.
- Management of athlete equipment issues and reimbursement needs.
- Management of, and monthly reconciliation of, budget required to execute the Elite Program.
- Tracking results and program effectiveness measures throughout duration of the year.
- Facilitating media support highlighting program and athlete accomplishments.
- Ability to respond to athlete inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
- Ability to manage budgetary requirements of the responsibilities described above
- Familiarity with wide range of nationally and internationally competitive / high exposure events across multiple sporting disciplines
- Excellent decision-making skills for matching elite athletes as mentors to members for guiding fitness progression from local non-competitive events, up through international competition
- Able to work up to 10 hours a week, as required. Expect annual workload to be front-loaded.
- Demonstrated passion for promoting and supporting the vision and mission of US Military Endurance Sports
- Able to work with fellow USMES staff members from various geographically separated locations
This is considered a part-time position with US Military Endurance Sports. Compensation is commensurate with experience and with demonstrated, proven ability to complete the job responsibilities outlined above. Specific experience in elite / professional sports management will be considered but is not required.