2016 Elite Programs Application OpenPosted 14 Sep 2015 in Press
For 2016, USMES will be offering 3 Elite programs as follows:
- 1. A men’s road cycling team;
- 2. A men’s and women’s para-cycling program;
- 3. A men’s and women’s sponsored athlete program that supports athletics that are more individual in nature, including, but not limited to: triathlon, track cycling, mountain biking, women’s road cycling and running.
Each program has a slightly different target candidate pool and focus based on the nature of the sport. In short, the focus of all the programs is to help military athletes who have demonstrated the talent, motivation, focus and work ethic to compete on the national and international stage in endurance sports. Ultimately we want to support the highest level military athletes we realistically can within each discipline. An overview of each program along with the relevant application can be reviewed here http://goo.gl/forms/1trZDlK0SY
For more information, please also review our Elite Program FAQ http://usmes.org/about/programs/elite-program-faq/ .
A few additional key notes:
- The application period will be open until Thursday October 15th, 2015 no exceptions.
All requested information is required to be submitted NLT Thursday October 15th, 2015.
- You may be contacted by the elite programs director for follow on questions. Final selection are expected to be announced NLT Nov 1st
- Selectees will be required to sign and adhere to a more detailed athlete agreement that will outline requirements and expectations in more detail.
- Please ensure you read all of the FAQ, relevant documents and instructions included in the application form carefully!
If you have any further questions or feel you are in a unique situation, please do not hesitate to contact the USMES Elite Program’s Director, George Ganoung at: firstname.lastname@example.org Please be advised, George will be out of the country from Oct 1 to Oct 12th with limited email access. Please plan accordingly.
US Military Endurance Sports is not an official activity of the US Government, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Homeland Security. Product Endorsement by its teams, athletes, staff, or its representatives does not constitute product endorsement by the US Government.